Fee Schedule September 2011 - June 2012
Lessons are scheduled Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm to 8:30pm.
Single Lesson Rates:
$80.00 for 60 minutes
30 LESSONS - 30 minutes / once per week:
30 LESSONS at 60 minutes / once per week:
All Post Dated Cheques must be dated the 1st day of each month from September through June.
Make cheques payable to Dennis Olsen.
$20.00 CHARGE ON ALL NSF CHEQUES
Dennis Olsen has over forty years of experience teaching guitar. He has taught at Malaspina College University, University of Victoria, The Victoria Conservatory of Music and the Wimslow School of Music in Manchester, England.
As a private instructor, he teaches a wide variety of styles through lessons that are driven by students who are as diverse in their age, experience, confidence and skill levels, and musical interests as guitar music itself.
A typical lesson combines elements of work and play: work on technical mastery, and playing great songs. Fundamentals like rhythm and efficiency of movement foster improved control, speed, and precision - all vital to making consistent, great sounds. Learning and playing songs, gives students a chance to practice their skills, get a feel for their favourite styles, and have fun. Dennis’ focus and enthusiasm for music and teaching promotes a positive learning environment for his students.
Making the Most of Your Lessons
1. Should you be unable to attend your scheduled lesson, please phone, text, FB pm or email me. Credit will not be given for missed lessons.
2. I teach from the beginning of September through to the end of June. All yearly students pay for 30 lessons. If you attend lessons regularly you will receive at least 40 lessons in the time period if not more. That balance of lessons should more than make up for any lessons missed.
3. Please make your lesson time a priority, as irregular lesson attendance will hinder your progress.
4. Lesson times follow the school year calendar i.e. (stat holidays. Christmas, Spring Break etc.).
5. Making the most of your lessons by regular practicing is an essential part of your progress and enjoyment of the instrument.
Dennis J. Olsen